Now through June 30 Buffet is offering a $200 discount on all R13 and Tradition clarinets. Take advantage of this offer, and schedule a trial with RMS!
If you are considering a clarinet overhaul, contact us now for scheduling! Here is more information on what to expect:
RMS Overhaul (Bb or A clarinet) $650
- Wood is fully cleaned and oiled.
- Hinges are degreased and oiled.
- Keys and posts are cleaned and polished.
- Tenon corks are replaced (if needed).
- All pads are replaced.
- Tone holes are resurfaced (as needed) to guarantee an optimal seal.
- Key play is eliminated to achieve optimal mechanism efficiency.
- Key height and spring tension are balanced.
- Spring replacement (as needed)
- Teflon inserts: Thumb F ring, left-hand F/C Lever
- Voicing and moderate tuning
- The clarinet is finally play tested and adjusted for ideal response and evenness
RMS will be at the Troy Clarinet Day on March 25! Hope to see you there!
Hesitant to try clarinets because of shipping costs and re-stocking fees? Don’t be! RMS is confident that you will love the instruments we send you to try, and as a result we are lowering our re-stocking fees (which are only charged in the event of a non-purchase).
If for some reason you decide not to purchase any of the clarinets we send you, we will only charge a re-stocking fee of $25 per clarinet ($60 for bass clarinets).
We will also provide you with a return UPS shipping label at our special rate (which is much lower than if you ship and insure the package yourself!) That means that you can try instruments without the fear of exorbitant trial costs! See our Trial page for details.
We just received our shipment of hand selected silver-keyed Tradition clarinets, and they are excellent! Contact us for more details!
The Tradition model Bb and A’s use a cylindrical bore design (in the tradition of the R13 and RC models) and tone hole placement inspired by the Tosca model . The result is a rich, focused sound, even scale and consistent intonation throughout the registers.
The Tradition comes with two barrels (65 and 66), a left hand Eb lever and a combination of leather and natural cork pads.
RMS will be at the ClarinetFest in Lawrence, Kansas in a few weeks. We are bringing lots of new hand selected clarinets with us! Hope to see you there!
RMS will visit the Buffet factory in France to select clarinets in June! We are looking for premium model Festivals, Prestiges, Toscas… and the new model Tradition! Contact us if you are in the market for something special!