Buffet Festival Clarinet
The Buffet Festival clarinet had its debut in 1987 as the collaborative design of three renowned French clarinetists: Michel Arrignon, Jacques Lancelot and Guy Deplus. The instrument’s bore is based on the R13 design but with the added “French” register tube for more precise tuning. The Festival clarinet has the following additional upgrades:
- Unstained, Premium Grenadilla Wood
- GoreTex Pads
- Left Hand Eb/Ab Lever
- Metal Capped Tenons
- 2 Barrels (65mm & 66mm)
It is rightly one of Buffet’s most popular models, and is played by orchestral musicians, soloists, teachers and students worldwide. Both Bb and A models come in a black leather covered attaché case with combination lock.
All of our premium model clarinets are hand selected at the Buffet factory in Mantes-la-Ville, France by Alcides Rodriguez (Atlanta Symphony clarinetist) and Alexandre Chabod (Paris Opera clarinetist). When selecting clarinets, we look for the following qualities:
- A rich, resonant tone and a sweet core (a clarinet that ‘sings’)
- Evenness of scale and resistance
- A sound that exhibits a large spectrum of overtones and colors
- Best possible tuning
After the hand selection process, every RMS premium model Buffet clarinet is professionally set up:
- All tenons are checked and adjusted for proper fit.
- Most of the original pads are preserved, but a few are replaced to improve response and evenness between notes.
- A few original bumpers are preserved, but most are replaced with more durable and reliable materials for a more optimal mechanism performance.
- All key tension is regulated.
- Throat G# and Side F keys are modified where they reach the instrument’s body to achieve proper contact with the body.
- Final play-test and final adjustments are made.
*Available in Wood or Greenline material.
Buffet Festival Bb Clarinet $4,746 + $250 (Professional Set Up) = $4,996
Buffet Festival A Clarinet $5,557 + $250 (Professional Set Up) = $5,807
If you are interested in trying our clarinets, you can learn more about our clarinet trials here. Contact us at email@example.com or 470-545-9803.
“RMS is the gold standard for selecting a new instrument. Whether you’re a student, professional, or teacher, they will find you an instrument that fits your voice.”