Buffet Tosca Eb Clarinet
Designed in 2004 with the close collaboration of renowned French clarinetist, Michel Arrignon, the Buffet Tosca clarinet line takes the R13 family bore to new heights. The Tosca Eb remains a top choice for orchestral clarinetists and soloists worldwide.
- Alternate low F key vent (for better intonation in the low register)
- New, ergonomic key design
- Ring-less bell (for better resonance)
- High quality, GoreTex pads
- Undercut tone holes
- High-tech BAM carbon fiber case
- Auxiliary low Eb key
- Metal tenon caps
- Two barrels: 40.5mm and 41.5mm
- Vandoren B44 mouthpiece included
All of our premium model clarinets are hand selected at the Buffet factory in Mantes-la-Ville, France by Alcides Rodriguez (Atlanta Symphony clarinetist) and Alexandre Chabod (Paris Opera clarinetist). When selecting clarinets, we look for the following qualities:
- A rich, resonant tone and a sweet core (a clarinet that ‘sings’)
- Evenness of scale and resistance
- A sound that exhibits a large spectrum of overtones and colors
- Best possible tuning
After the hand selection process, every RMS premium model Buffet clarinet is professionally set up:
- All tenons are checked and adjusted for proper fit.
- Most of the original pads are preserved, but a few are replaced to improve response and evenness between notes.
- A few original bumpers are preserved, but most are replaced with more durable and reliable materials for a more optimal mechanism performance.
- All key tension is regulated.
- Throat G# and Side F keys are modified where they reach the instrument’s body to achieve proper contact with the body.
- Final play-test and final adjustments are made.
Buffet Tosca Eb Clarinet $8,273 + $250 (Professional Set Up) = $8,523
If you are interested in trying our clarinets, you can learn more about our clarinet trials here. Contact us at email@example.com or 470-545-9803.
“RMS is the gold standard for selecting a new instrument. Whether you’re a student, professional, or teacher, they will find you an instrument that fits your voice.”