Designed in 2004 with the close collaboration of renowned French clarinetist, Michel Arrignon, the Buffet Tosca clarinet line takes the R13 family bore to new heights. The Tosca Eb remains a top choice for orchestral clarinetists and soloists worldwide.
- Alternate low F key vent (for better intonation in the low register)
- New, ergonomic key design
- Ring-less bell (for better resonance)
- High quality, GoreTex pads
- Undercut tone holes
- High-tech BAM carbon fiber case
- Auxiliary low Eb key
- Metal tenon caps
- Two barrels: 40.5mm and 41.5mm
- Vandoren B44 mouthpiece included
All of our premium model clarinets are hand selected at the Buffet factory in Mantes-la-Ville, France by Alcides Rodriguez (Atlanta Symphony clarinetist) and Alexandre Chabod (Paris Opera clarinetist). When selecting clarinets, we look for the following qualities:
- A rich, resonant tone and a sweet core (a clarinet that ‘sings’)
- Evenness of scale and resistance
- A sound that exhibits a large spectrum of overtones and colors
- Best possible tuning
After the hand selection process, every RMS premium model Buffet clarinet is professionally set up:
- All tenons are checked and adjusted for proper fit.
- Most of the original pads are preserved, but a few are replaced to improve response and evenness between notes.
- A few original bumpers are preserved, but most are replaced with more durable and reliable materials for a more optimal mechanism performance.
- All key tension is regulated.
- Throat G# and Side F keys are modified where they reach the instrument’s body to achieve proper contact with the body.
- Final play-test and final adjustments are made.
Buffet Tosca Eb Clarinet $8,273 + $250 (Professional Set Up) = $8,523
If you are interested in trying our clarinets, you can learn more about our clarinet trials here. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 470-545-9803.
“RMS is the gold standard for selecting a new instrument. Whether you’re a student, professional, or teacher, they will find you an instrument that fits your voice.”