“I am so excited about the new Tosca E-flat! You made the whole process so easy, yet difficult because both instruments you sent were so great. Thank you so much for your and Alcides’ help!”
Buffet Tosca Eb Clarinet
Designed in 2004 with the close collaboration of renowned French clarinetist, Michel Arrignon, the Buffet Tosca clarinet line takes the R13 family bore to new heights. The Tosca Eb remains a top choice for orchestral clarinetists and soloists worldwide.
- Alternate low F key vent (for better intonation in the low register)
- New, ergonomic key design
- Ring-less bell (for better resonance)
- Undercut tone holes
- High-tech BAM carbon fiber case
- Auxiliary low Eb key
- Metal tenon caps
- Two barrels: 40.5mm and 41.5mm
- Vandoren B44 mouthpiece included
- RMS hand selected and fully upgraded
Hand-Selected at the Buffet Factory
All premium model clarinets are hand-selected at the Buffet factory in France by Alcides Rodriguez (Atlanta Symphony) and Alexandre Chabod (Paris Opera). We look for the following qualities:
- A rich, resonant tone and a sweet core (a clarinet that ‘sings’)
- Evenness of scale and resistance
- A sound that exhibits a large spectrum of overtones and colors
- Best possible tuning
RMS Premium Upgrade
- Tenons are checked and adjusted for proper fit.
- All pads are replaced to improve response and evenness throughout the entire instrument. We use a combination of leather and synthetic pads.
- All bumpers are replaced with more durable and reliable materials for optimal mechanism performance.
- The mechanisms are adjusted for crisp and even key action (spring tension is balanced and keys/rings are checked for proper height.)
- Tones holes are resurfaced (as needed) to guarantee an optimal seal.
- Final play testing of the clarinet and final adjustments are made.
Buffet Tosca Eb Clarinet $9,985
RMS Hand-selected and Fully upgraded
If you are interested in trying our clarinets, you can learn more about our clarinet trials here. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 470-545-9803.
RMS is pleased to offer instrument financing through Synchrony Bank and United Midwest bank.