Featuring a new cylindrical bore design that compliments the R13 and RC bore families, the Buffet Tradition clarinet harkens back to the purity of sound produced by the BC20, with a tone hole placement inspired by the Tosca design.
The result is an instrument that presents a clear, focused, rich sound suitable for any acoustic environment and an even scale for consistent intonation throughout all registers. These innovations allow the amateur or professional clarinetist to focus on making music, rather than constantly adjusting their embouchure and voicing.
An exciting new venture, the Buffet Tradition clarinet was designed by a combined French/American Buffet Artist team including: Jonathan Gunn, Burt Hara, Victoria Luperi, Mark Nuccio, Gregory Raden, Michel Arrignon, Nicolas Baldeyrou and Paul Meyer.
- Unplated posts (for more resonance)
- GoreTex pads
- Left hand auxiliary key
- Two barrels
- Metal-capped tenons (to prevent cracks, splitting)
All of our premium model clarinets are hand selected at the Buffet factory in Mantes-la-Ville, France by Alcides Rodriguez (Atlanta Symphony clarinetist) and Alexandre Chabod (Paris Opera clarinetist). When selecting clarinets, we look for the following qualities:
- A rich, resonant tone and a sweet core (a clarinet that ‘sings’)
- Evenness of scale and resistance
- A sound that exhibits a large spectrum of overtones and colors
- Best possible tuning
After the hand selection process, every RMS premium model Buffet clarinet is professionally set up:
- All tenons are checked and adjusted for proper fit.
- Most of the original pads are preserved, but a few are replaced to improve response and evenness between notes.
- A few original bumpers are preserved, but most are replaced with more durable and reliable materials for a more optimal mechanism performance.
- All key tension is regulated.
- Throat G# and Side F keys are modified where they reach the instrument’s body to achieve proper contact with the body.
- Final play-test and final adjustments are made.
Buffet Tradition Bb Clarinet (Silver) $4,713 + $250 (Professional Set Up) = $4,963
Buffet Tradition A Clarinet (Silver) $5,401 + $250 (Professional Set Up) = $5,651
If you are interested in trying our clarinets, you can learn more about our clarinet trials here. Contact us at email@example.com or 470-545-9803.
“RMS is the gold standard for selecting a new instrument. Whether you’re a student, professional, or teacher, they will find you an instrument that fits your voice.”