"RMS is the gold standard for selecting a new instrument. Whether you are a student, a professional, or a teacher, they will find you an instrument that fits your voice."
RMS Hand Selection Process
Our team of professional clarinetists look for truly exceptional sounding instruments with the following qualities:
- A rich, resonant tone and a sweet core (a clarinet that ‘sings’)
- Evenness of scale and resistance
- A sound that exhibits a large spectrum of colors
RMS Premium Upgrade
- Tenons are checked and adjusted for proper fit.
- All pads are replaced to improve response and evenness throughout the entire instrument. We use a combination of leather and synthetic pads.
- All bumpers are replaced with more durable and reliable materials for optimal mechanism performance.
- The mechanisms are adjusted for crisp and even key action (spring tension is balanced and keys/rings are checked for proper height.)
- Tones holes are resurfaced (as needed) to guarantee an optimal seal.
- Final play testing of the clarinet and final adjustments are made.
RMS Premium R13 Clarinets
All R13 clarinets are hand-selected at Buffet and then fully upgraded with our RMS Premium Upgrade
Buffet Premium Models
Prestiges, Festivals, Traditions, Toscas, Légendes and BCXXI are hand-selected at the factory in France and fully upgraded at RMS.
Buffet Bass Clarinets
All bass clarinets are hand-selected at Buffet and are professionally set up at RMS.
RMS Premium GALA Clarinets
All Buffet GALA clarinets are hand-selected at Buffet and fully upgraded at RMS.
Our hand-selection team of professional clarinetists understands your performance concerns.
Meet the Team
RMS is pleased to offer instrument financing through Synchrony Bank and United Midwest bank.