For those clarinetists searching for an upgraded wooden instrument who are also on a budget, we highly recommend the semi-professional Buffet E12F clarinet. It is made of Grenadilla wood and has silver keys, white leather pads, and a mouthpiece specially designed by Dave McClune. We have played many clarinets at this price point, and the craftsmanship and tone quality of Buffet’s E12F surpasses them all.
We hand-select all of our E12F clarinets directly at Buffet. This service is free to our customers. We now offer three ways to buy an E12F:
1) Factory Standard $2,018
These E12F clarinets come as-is from Buffet, with us checking only for properly fitting joints and eliminating possible leaks. These hand-selected clarinets are fresh from the factory without any of the RMS ‘magic’ beyond the hand selection process.
2) RMS Professional Set Up $2,268
- All tenons are checked and adjusted for proper fit.
- Most of the original pads are preserved, but a few are replaced to improve response and evenness between notes.
- A few original bumpers are preserved, but most are replaced with more durable and reliable materials for a more optimal mechanism performance.
- All key tension is regulated.
- Final play-test and final adjustments are made.
3) RMS Premium Upgrade $2,413
- Tenons are checked and adjusted for proper fit.
- All pads are replaced to improve response and evenness throughout the entire instrument. We use a combination of synthetic and leather pads.
- All bumpers are replaced with more durable and reliable materials for optimal mechanism performance.
- The mechanisms are adjusted for crisp and even key action (spring tension is balanced and keys/rings are checked for proper height.)
- Tones holes are resurfaced (as needed) to guarantee an optimal seal.
- Final play testing of the clarinet and final adjustments are made.
This clarinet qualifies for free shipping with a purchase.
If you are interested in trying our clarinets, you can learn more about our clarinet trials here. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 470-545-9803.
“RMS is the gold standard for selecting a new instrument. Whether you’re a student, professional, or teacher, they will find you an instrument that fits your voice.”
RMS is pleased to offer instrument financing through First Mutual Finance.