Now scheduling RMS overhauls for the fall!
All RMS overhauls are done by our repair technician, Alcides Rodriguez (clarinetist in the Atlanta Symphony).
RMS Overhaul (Bb, A and Eb clarinet) $650
- Wood is fully cleaned and oiled.
- Keys and posts are cleaned and polished.
- Tenon corks are replaced (as needed).
- Pads are replaced with premium pads.
- Tone holes are resurfaced (as needed) to guarantee an optimal seal.
- Key play is eliminated to achieve optimal mechanism efficiency.
- Key height and spring tension are balanced.
- Spring replacement (as needed)
- The clarinet is finally play tested and adjusted for ideal response and evenness.
Read more about Alcides’ technique and materials for RMS overhauls here.
“I got my clarinet today and I must say, as soon as I opened the case I was amazed at how beautiful it looked. The only thing more beautiful was the quality of the work. The response of the instrument is flawless as well as the ease in which it now plays. I could not ask for the instrument to feel any better under my fingers. I can’t wait to unleash it at rehearsal tomorrow evening! Thank you for your kindness, professionalism and extraordinary work. You now have a customer for life.”
Bill Crabtree, Phoenix
“I just want to let you know that the clarinet is wonderful and feels (and looks) like a brand new instrument! You and Alcides have been very kind, professional, and your work is terrific. Thank you again for doing this for me!”
Patrick Prentice, Miami
“Just want to publicly thank you for the rebuild on my 20 year old Buffet R13. I just spent 45 minutes practicing and was blown away (a term I don’t use very often) with the play-ability as compared to when I brought it to you. I am convinced that it plays better than when I got it new. Thanks Alcides and Heather for everything. I would supply more superlatives but people might think you were paying me!”
Jay Webler, Atlanta