RMS hand selects premium model Buffet clarinets directly at the factory in France so customers have the best to choose from.
All of our premium model clarinets are hand selected at the Buffet factory in Mantes-la-Ville, France by Alcides Rodriguez (Atlanta Symphony clarinetist) and Alexandre Chabod (Paris Opera clarinetist). When selecting clarinets, we look for the following qualities:
- A rich, resonant tone and a sweet core (a clarinet that ‘sings’)
- Evenness of scale and resistance
- A sound that exhibits a large spectrum of overtones and colors
- Best possible tuning
After the hand selection process, every RMS premium model Buffet clarinet is fully upgraded:
- Tenons are checked and adjusted for proper fit.
- All pads are replaced to improve response and evenness throughout the entire instrument. We use a combination of synthetic and leather pads.
- All bumpers are replaced with more durable and reliable materials for optimal mechanism performance.
- The mechanisms are adjusted for crisp and even key action (spring tension is balanced and keys/rings are checked for proper height.)
- Tones holes are resurfaced (as needed) to guarantee an optimal seal.
- Final play testing of the clarinet and final adjustments are made.
Buffet Premium Model Clarinets
Tradition, Festival, RC Prestige, R13 Prestige, Tosca, Légende & BCXXI
If you are interested in trying our clarinets, you can learn more about our Clarinet Trials here. Information on All Clarinet Models and Pricing can be found here. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 470-545-9803.
RMS is pleased to offer instrument financing through Synchrony Bank and United Midwest bank.
Buffet Factory in France
RMS visit to Buffet France
RMS visits the Buffet Factory in France to hand select clarinets, take a factory tour and enjoy the City of Lights...
Contact us at email@example.com or 470-545-9803.
“RMS is the gold standard for selecting a new instrument. Whether you’re a student, professional, or teacher, they will find you an instrument that fits your voice.”